i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Sunday, July 1, 2007

Bark in the Park: 6.30.07

Yesterday was a fabulous day to head down to San Marcos and play a gig. I left a relatively sunny Austin, and by the time I got 15 miles south or so it was raining. Uh oh. I was pretty sure that the prepositional phrase, "in the Park" meant that this shindig was outdoors. Rain is great but not on gig days, eh?

However, by the time I got to San Marcos it was clearing and although muggy, the temperature was quite pleasant. It was not 112 degrees, is all I'm saying.

Bark in the Park is a great event where dog-owners and dog-lovers get to convene in a great venue, eat dog treats (the dogs, not the owners...unless you're into that?), and hang out and listen to music...and it all benefits the San Marcos Animal Shelter. Beautiful! I got the priviledge of sharing the stage with Paul Wilson, Pete Kalla, Jason Marbach and Barbarosa, and Susan Gibson. Susan even let me borrow a puppy so I wasn't left out. (Right now the only thing living that fits in my studio apartment is a fly that came in the window on Saturday and won't leave).
The very first act was Midnight Breeze, a troupe of belly dancers. I'm pretty sure I've not ever shared a stage with belly dancers before, and it made me want to go work out. Or have an extra beer, one of the two. Let's all take a poll:




You probably know me too well.

Labels: , ,