i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mum's Day and Birthday, Mum!

My mom lucked out this year, as she does sometimes, and her birthday is on Mother's Day. Double the fun! I bought two cards, wrote things in two cards, addressed two cards, and I am going to mail them. Soon. Tonight. (Sorry, Mom, they'll be late. I learned that from you!)


Things I love about my mom:

- she crochets awesome afghans while watching UNM Lobo basketball games. Multi-tasking is a skill.

- she bakes pumpkin cake for me when I bug her about it.

- either she cares about all the music stuff I yammer on about or she fakes it really well for my benefit. (No, she cares).

- she survived years of handling the statement, "Jana is SO quiet!" She would always contest that statement.

- she is surviving years of handling the statement, "So what is Jana actually DOING in Austin?" It's nice to have someone stick up for you on the homefront.

- she's a kickbutt crossword puzzler.

- she likes to wear nice shoes in public. She will change her shoes to go to Target.

- in one phone call she can answer my question about why gas prices are going up so high and what I should do about the stain in my shirt.

- one time, in college, my 5 roommates and I started noticing a weird smell in our kitchen, which bothered us quite a bit...but we couldn't locate the source. We cleaned the sink and checked the fridge to no avail. So mom came over and we asked her what to do about it and she took one sniff and said, "rotting potato." Sure enough, there were some potatoes in a bag on top of the fridge we had forgotten all about. We were impressed. We are pretty sure she has super smell powers.

Clearly, she is awesome. Thanks, my Mum!

Labels: