i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Monday, July 14, 2008

EP 1: The Cover

Folks, we're going to have some fun and reveal the cover and title of EP 1. But I'm not going to do it all at once. The way I see it, there's still a while before this little disc is in all our hands in shiny shrinkwrapped form, so I have time to drag this out. Plus, Rolling Stone does it with their covers in their blog by revealing only a little square and making people guess who it is...so why can't I?

Here's the first little square of EP 1:

Pretty, ain't it?

No, this is not an attempt at The White Album. My very wise and thoughtful ex-boss, Karen, told me earlier this spring when I was stumped on album cover vibe that I should sit in a dark room with the tracks on headphones and try and visualize the color and texture of the songs as a whole. I tried it, and because quite a few of the tunes are about driving or were written about being on the road or some metaphorical state around that...I thought maybe I was getting "road colors" confused with what the actual RECORD colors are.

When it was time to give Emily, trusted friend/killer graphic designer/voice teacher at Red Leaf, an idea of what I was envisioning, I told her about the road colors -- the sky blues and the asphalt greys and the wheat field yellows. But I also gave her a slew of CD covers from other artists that I loved, and she caught on to the Feist/Imogen Heap trend:

So Emily gave me a batch of directions to choose from and sure enough, the color was white and it fits. Simple and clean, straightforward in intention and not attached to a whole lot. There's more, of course, but that's a square for another day!

Oh, and the title. Well, we have a while.

Labels: