i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Sunday, November 23, 2008

Empty Bowls, Happy Hearts, and a Tired J-Po

Jana Pochop and Susan Gibson at Artz
Jana+Susan at Artz courtesy of Ted. From Canada!

Oh Sunday evening. I just did laundry with my neighbor and we ate Chinese food on his tailgate while we waited for the clothes to dry. See, it's November in Austin and it feels like June and you can do things like that while you wait at the laundromat. Anyway, it was nice to chill for a minute because it was a heck of a weekend. Lots of playing music and watching music...I can't complain.

Thursday was Jo's Coffee downtown with Kimbo, who is always a joy to share the stage with because her songs are so good and so is she. We didn't freeze too much, and our new buddy Ted from Canada came by and took photos. I met Ted at Artz last week when I played there and he is visiting Austin to soak in the music because...he loves music. How awesome is that? He also takes great photos and much of what you will see below is courtesy of Ted.

Jana and Kimbo at Jo's Coffee
Jana+Kimbo...yep, Ted.

Friday I opened for Susan and Shelley King in Tomball, TX at a great venue called Main Street Crossing. Lovely people and our hosts made us FRENCH TOAST for breakfast and I about fainted from delicious overload. It's the little things, folks.

Susan Gibson

Saturday we jetted back from Tomball and I ran over to Ruta Maya for Red Leaf School of Music's Fall show. I performed a few and watched all of our adult and youth bands do GREAT jobs. So cool to work for Red Leaf with a community of such awesome people!

Jana at Red Leaf Rocks!
Melissa took this photo and I hope she doesn't mind I stole it. ;)

Today was the Empty Bowl Benefit at the Mexican American Cultural Center. I went to help Susan with carrying stuff (because that's what I do), but she was cool enough to get me up for a couple of songs. And I ate soup. Nifty.

Who let the red shoes run sound?
Who left the red shoes with the sound board?

Empty Bowl 11.23.08
Photo from Ted!

Dogs in a Row
All the dogs came on the Susan bus for the soup party.

Now it's almost time for Monday. Whew.

Labels: , , , , , ,