i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Saturday, June 20, 2009

On knowing a rock star.

Rainbow and an iPhone

We saw two sets of double rainbows yesterday on our drive from Salt Lake City to Denver. I feel like I have spent much of this tour gasping in wonder at the natural beauty of this country...from the flatness outside Lubbock to the raging river in Idaho we followed for hundreds of miles...makes me want to stick my camera out the window backwards and take it all in, I guess.

Susan is a rock star, so while Marian and I have today off, we will drop her off at Denver International because she will be flying to San Antonio to open for Steve Earle in New Braunfels tonight. Good grief that is cool. Steve is singer-songwriter GOLD. The crowd will love Susan. They approach writing from the same earthy, plain but estute place. That's what makes a songwriter the cream of the crop...less fancy-pants and more substance.

Then she'll fly back Sunday morning and we'll start driving again. Confronted with all the possibility of having the van and dogs at our bidding, I bet we will park it back at the house we're staying at and not move the whole day. That's the plan.

Labels: , ,