i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home

Phew. So my excuse this time is there ARE NO CELL TOWERS IN SOUTH DAKOTA. Or anything AT&T will pick up on, anyway. We already get warnings from them that we are "off network" too much, so I feared that maybe they had just decided to cut us off entirely. But no, it picked up somewhat in Nebraska, a little more in Kansas, and then when we were back in Texas I had 3G again and I rejoiced.

Anyway, while I was off the grid for 2 weeks, we had some good shows and I got to spend some time with my family. The coolest part of having a job you schedule and having a boss that is cool with family time is that...you can go to a family reunion and just book a gig to get there. That is why there is a photo of my and 563 of my most adoring fans, I mean, relatives at our gig in Spearfish, SD. Crow Peak Brewing was some good folks and also 3 blocks away from my aunt's house. I like that in a venue.

Some of The Family

Michael, Mom, Me
Michael, who designed the Jpo Shirt sweeping the nation, Mom, modeling it, and me, not wearing it because you should never wear your own shirt. The rules.

We spent some time in Winner and Colome, South Dakota for my Dad's memorial service. That's where he grew up, so we all gathered there and celebrated his life. I'm so glad I got to be there. Later that day a wind storm blew through and afterwards there was a double rainbow in the sky. I think it was fitting.

Squint to See the Double Rainbow

Let's see...after some time in the Black Hills, we headed to Omaha. When we were in Iowa the trailer kind of came off the hitch while we were driving 60 on 1-29. That was weird. We had driven for 400 miles already, so why it decided to do that 6 hours into the trip, we're not sure. Suz is a driving champ, pulled over right away, and proceeded to put it back on. No damage done. She's like her own AAA mechanic.

South Dakota Wheat Plain

We finished off with 3 gigs in Kansas (where I saw MORE family in Hays! Yay!) and where I found out Lawrence is a cool town. The last show was in Lenexa (Kansas City), and then we saw a whole lot more of that view up there on the way home. I made up a rap about drinking water and not Diet Coke or tea or coffee ("Miss Hydration").

That's that...I'll finish off that "All Nite Drive" series I promise! Part 5 is right around the corner.

Labels: ,