i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Friday, July 27, 2007

End of Semester Sleep

I haven't had an end-of-semester sleep since...well, December of 2005. It's very identifiable. I go into a zombie-like state and sleep very, very soundly for a weekend or more. I am actually only stirred from my current one to write this blog post because...well, I like to post every day. I would do a Friday feature except my brain won't operate enough to pick anything.

End of WHAT semester, you ask? We had a big Red Leaf extravaganza last night at Lambert's...students played, the house was full, Porterdavis rocked the house's face off (and houses have big faces). My women's Monday night songwriting group did a cover of Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. I did a mini-set. The Red Leaf kids' Rock Camp covered The Doors. I couldn't believe it. It was so good. 9 and 10 year olds can feel Jim Morrison's pain, apparently.

But anyway, this evening I am going to stare at the wall a little, and then I am going to go back to sleep. I hope to awaken tomorrow refreshed and ready for Semester II. (Folk Music Grad School does not give you as long of a break as UNM did).

Peace, out.

Labels: , ,