i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Kindness of Strangers



Some of you might recall my whining about dropping my license downtown somewheres one weekend. I had never lost anything like that before, and it kind of weirded me out that my name and vitals were floating around Austin. It's been a few weeks and I had accepted that perhaps it had fallen into a crevice somewhere, or gotten run over 8000 times, or that maybe a bat had eaten it.

Yesterday I had an envelope in my mailbox from someone I did not know. Handwritten letters are rare these days. I thought it was one of those old skool chain letters that you have to copy the letter, buy 8 cases of pickles, and send it to 40 friends or die the next day.

Fortunately, I found the above note with my license attached. It was from Norma. I don't know who you are, Norma, but thanks for picking it up and mailing it back. My peace of mind has returned.

People are good.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Labels: , ,