i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Just Another Monday Night...Sorta

Monday night took me to Artz Ribhouse on South Lamar, a bastion of BBQ and good music on the Austin scene. I got to play the break set for Sarah Elizabeth Campbell and The Banned, which was an honor. SEC is one of those singer/songwriter legends that Austin is lucky enough to have living right here. I knew I was in good company when I read this quote: "There is a place for music like this, in our tape deck, in our hectic lives, in our living room, in our CD player, in our car, in our jogging pack, on our radio....It is about, among other things, listening and learning, giving in to love and falling back out. Sarah Elizabeth writes these kinds of songs, as only a gifted artist can." (Mary Chapin Carpenter said that. Heck yeah.)

Thanks to my buddy and fellow songwriter Amanda Pearcy for the gig lead and the pics!

Labels: , , ,