i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Monday, January 28, 2008

New York City: Views

Big buildings and lots of windows. Makes for a nice effect -- this is the Chrysler Building's reflection.

I realized I had a hard time getting any decent photos because I am not a human tripod, hence all the lights and glittery things in New York fuzz in most of my shots. This is the ceiling of Grand Central Station, which depicts the zodiac. The constellations are actually backwards, but it's not a mistake. The artist painted them as they would be seen from outside the constellation sphere. Weird. I had to make a stop because Mary Chapin Carpenter has a lovely song called "Grand Central Station" on Between Here and Gone.

Who's buried in Grant's Tomb? Not me!

A mix of old and new: St. Patrick's Cathedral and a bus going...somewhere.

Rockefeller Center...it was cold. I think my shivering made for a lot of crooked photos the whole trip. That's ok, though. Notice the ice skaters toppling on the left side. Hehhehhehheh.

Time's Square...just like you'd expect. People, lights, photo opportunity. I am freezing my bum off here. Happily so!

Labels: ,