i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Saturday, January 5, 2008

Um, it's Saturday?

Oh hello. I'm a little...slack with blogging this week. This post will probably reflect that, as I'm planning on scattering little pieces of slightly interesting information throughout, in hopes one of them will strike your fancy. Plus, we haven't had a list post in a while.

- I rang in the new year with Dan and porterdavis at Momo's. The p and the d (as I lamely sometimes call porterdavis in my head...and take note there is no one in the band named porter or davis...they're named after Boston subway stations they busked in)...played an awesome show. I was also pretty happy to finally see Band of Heathens play, they're pretty entertaining and great musicians to boot. Also, what up with the fur coat trend? Didn't we get over that in 1992 or something? I saw a LOT of mink coats that night.

- This iPod Touch and its ease of buying stuff from iTunes because it gets wifi...is dangerous. But fun. I was totally bummed that nothing in my CD collection was anything I wanted to listen to this week (don't you HATE that?), so I bought the Iron & Wine "Woman King EP" (the title track is killer), and then Dan alerted me to the Bob Schneider song "Flowerparts" which is pretty amazing too. If you're in need of new music, I recommend it. Dan said it's our new theme song, and I can hang with that.


- I made the new banner at the top of the blog smaller. Josh pointed out that it took up too much of "the fold", and I knew that in my heart of hearts when I made it...and it took me 3 days to get around to fixing it, but there it is. (That was a really long run-on sentence). All of you just let out a collective, "Huh." I like the b&w theme. The goal is to post colorful stuff in the blog, with a tasteful frame around it.

- Today is Artist Market Day! The weather is going to rock. Yay for January in the 70's, hehheh.

- I am reading Timothy Ferriss' book "The 4-Hour Workweek." It's intriguing. I very much am in agreeance that retirement is a lame idea, and people should take mini-retirements all throughout their lives. The thought of looking forward to retirement probably means you're not doing something ideal for you right now, meaning you should probably look into changing that. I hope I'm always doing something challenging and fulfilling and fun enough that I don't WANT to retire. I'm not good at shuffleboard.

I wonder when my first mini-retirement will be. Wait...my second. I had a good 5 months of bumming around after college, including a road trip to Seattle...and then another 4 months of job hunting when I moved to Austin. Except that didn't feel like retirement, it felt like panic. :) My next mini-retirement will be much more purposeful and thoughtful.

What would you do if you had a month to do anything?

Labels: , ,