i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Friday, August 15, 2008

Productive Trip

Back in Austin with my college buds Jamie and Mike. The 12 hour drive was punctuated by convenience store stops and a couple of detours in Lubbock and Abilene. Jamie had the joy of driving through the construction, but she navigated well!


While in Albuquerque enjoying the family, business partner Josh and I also managed to squeeze in some quality productivity time. We signed the DBA for our Bourn Records label, so The Early Year will have a home. Keeps things tracked and accounted for easier. Why Bourn Records?

The definition of "bourn", in an old timey (ok, archaic) translation, is "a destination or goal." We also liked that when you pronounce it, it sounds like the usual "born." So it covers the beginning and the goal of things and we like that. Cool.


I also got my songwriting publishing paperwork in order through ASCAP, so now all my songs are published under Patient Grasshopper Music. Again, another term that Josh and I repeat to each other a lot. The last couple years have been full of meeting full of, "Wow, I wish we could fast forward to..." and the other one saying, "Patience, Grasshopper!" Lately stuff is moving at a good clip so we don't say it as much. I thought it would be a good reminder at all times, though...even songs come at a slow pace. That's cool.

So...a record label and some publishing. Not bad for a week in Nuevo Mexico!

Labels: , ,