i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dallas Oh Dallas

Warning: due to the graphic nature of this post and my ability to take close-up photos, some content past this point might not be suitable for people who get really icky and squeamish about blood.

I noted last night that my week is divided into my "work week" at the music school which is 3 days, and my "work week" as tour monkey which is the other 4 days, and while I refer to the latter as my "weekend" it starts on Thursday. People get confused when it's Wednesday night and I say, "I made it to the weekend!" Which is not to say I don't work on the "weekend"...but somewhere there is a delineation of time. Anyway.

Dallas Traffic on a Friday
Hello Traffic. You must be in Dallas.

suSANG! played an opening set at Uncle Calvin's Coffeehouse in Dallas on Friday night. We got there early and sound checked and hung out in the greenroom.

Foot and Guitar
Their carpet was nice on stage. I noted that while I took this.

Mirrored!
Amy was with us and we messed around with the 3-panel mirror backstage.

Merch Girl At Work

Then...disaster struck! A broken string during soundcheck. Time for Tour Monkey Duty. Now, I have no issues changing strings but if any of you have never done it before, you should be aware that getting pricked by the sharp end of a guitar string is a unique pain that is capable of throbbing for hours and causing me to bleed everywhere. I've done it more than I care to admit. Not always, but sometimes. Guess what?

Occupational Hazard of String Changing
Ow.

Three Faces
Primpity primp primp! Yay for cool mirrors!

Many Mirrors

Signing the Artist Guestbook

They have a neat backstage guestbook for the artists at Uncle Calvin's, and Susan has never turned down a pile of markers. She set to work on a self portrait. The end result was excellent and gave props to headlining act Pat Donohue. That will sell to the Louvre for millions one day, I bet.

Backstage Artwork

Labels: , , , ,