i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Saturday, November 6, 2010

Action...Figures.

Lots of...action figures.

Right, so this is my first blog with photos from an iPhone 4, which will heretofore be known as the GREAT MAGICAL WONDER GADGET. I love it. Thank you, you know who you are.

Anyway, we had an unplanned day off in Oklahoma because of an unfortunate gig cancelation, but hey those things happen. We were on the road no more than 20 minutes looking for protein for breakfast when we saw on the sign for the Pauls Valley exit that there was an Action Figure Museum. Excuse me?

Jana: "ACTION FIGURE MUSEUM!!"
Susan: "Whaaat?"
Jana: "ACTION FIGURE MUSEUM!"
Susan: "Do you want to go?"
Jana: "ACTION FIGURE MUSEEEUUUM!!!!!"

Action Figure Museum

Yeah, we went. Turns out, this guy who is an artist and lives in Pauls Valley...really like action figures. So he turned his collection into a whimsical museum. Maybe the brightest colored museum I have ever been to.

Surprise!
Behold the wonder!

Wall O' Action
Just a sliver of the main display wall...

There was much nostalgia to behold...Ninja Turtles were my thing. I had to explain that I went through a variety of favorites (Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael...sorry, Michaelangelo). There were Batman displays and Star Trek and Star Wars and Mickey Mouse and DC Comics and Marvel Comics and even Spinal Tap action figures. Phew.

Underoos!

I walked away amazed at the amount of merchandising that goes into all of these big name cartoons and movies. I knew it, but to see ALL of it displayed at once was mind-numbing. Down to the underwear.

Today it's a show in Oklahoma City! I wonder what kind of randomness we'll encounter...

Labels: , , ,