i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Bienvenidos al Nuevo Mexico!

Ah the homeland. I grew up in the Land of Enchantment, and while I appreciate the many things Austin has to offer, I miss the mountains, the chile, and many many New Mexicans. And those stellar yellow license plates that are so easy to spot. Anyway, I am quite stoked to be spending a week in the Albuquerque area playing some gigs. Some gigs that involve Susan Gibson, who is a songwriter genius and pretty much rocks the socks off of most people/places/things (read: NOUNS) that write songs. (In case trees write songs, or if perhaps the city of Dublin, Ohio wrote a song...I wanted to make sure the accolades were all encompassing).

suSANG
We met on a cold, rainy day (or more likely, hot and sunny) at UNM, when I was still a political science/public relations/undecided major taking Music Appreciation 141. Susan was the special guest in our class that day, kind of like..."see, I don't teach just dead classical composers" proof that our professor was cool. (She was a cool prof, actually).

And I said, "Whoa."

And that was pretty much it. Well, there's more...but you'll have to come to a gig to find out the rest. Check out the calendar page for all the haps, kids...and I'll see you soon.


Labels: , , ,