i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Mysterious J

The Mysterious J
Filming our first video at UNM...

I guess I should actually let you all in on the "J" that I reference so much in this blog. He's the quiet, behind-the-scenes sort, and his goal in our venture is to never be recognized by face, only by accomplishment.

J and I met as interns at PBS when we were in college. The first day we worked together, J gave me a ride home because I was oh-so-carless. I knew right then he was the right sort to be working with. It didn't take long...I would say about 3-4 months into our internship, before we had big plans for road tripping and making documentaries and touring the country. I think some people thought we were a bit naive about making our living creating art.

However, a couple years later and a few thousand miles traveled across New Mexico and to Austin and back a few times...our business partnership is on track and growing at a rate we can't even fathom. We are tackling the issue of living in separate states, but the glory of the internet makes it all possible. We've got an online office, we can video conference if we want, and we realize the connections we are forming in both New Mexico and Texas are essential to our company's future. J is now working for PBS and pioneering New Media there, and is the Web 2.0 Guru in my book.

In an interview, Mary Chapin Carpenter once described her friend/producer/guitarist John Jennings as her "most necessary friend." I immediately thought of J when I heard that. I know that music is a hard business, and I know being an entrepreneur is tough as well...and I can't imagine anyone I'd rather tackle the whole shebang with than J.

Keep an eye out for the Mysterious J when you see us on the road...but no guarantees you'll be able to spot him!

Labels: , ,