i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Saturday, August 11, 2007

Road Trip Necessities :: To Timbuk2 and Back

I like to think I travel light...or that I can when I need to. Some people who have taken trips with me might argue that point...same with some of the people whose homes I have invaded and consequently exploded a plethora of stuff all over their guest bedrooms/living rooms/bathrooms/porches/garages/roofs. (Ok, I'm not that bad, really).

As I find myself traveling more, or just being..."not home" a lot, it is essential to have your tools with you all the time. I usually try and keep my writing notebook, calendar, planning notebook, and a good book with me at all times (currently it's For Whom the Bell Tolls....we're on chapter 2). Then I'll have maybe a spare press kit or two, some CDs to hand out when needed, and about 18 printouts of whatever project is being worked on between J and I (he designs, I tell him to change tiny little things, he doesn't complain...it's great!). And THEN there's all that general junk you need....phone...Moleskine notebook for my To Do list (check out that new Planner! SWEET!)...sometimes a camera.

Clearly your generic little girlie "purse" is not going to cut it. J introduced me to Timbuk2 bags a while ago, and I finally purchased one of my own thanks to a "big sale" and things like "half off" signs. Sweet.

Why do I like 'em? They virtually indestructible...they were originally made for bicycle messengers around San Francisco. They have just enough pockets but not too many. They're still made in San Francisco for the most part. They look really cool. I hope I'm still using my brown and burnt orange Timbuk2 bag in 10 years, and I bet it will be well traveled!



Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,