i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Thursday, October 11, 2007

The CAPS Song

Wow. I just had big piece of my past pop right back up. In a good way!

See, when I was in college I worked for the Center for Academic Program Support, which we call CAPS because we're extremely busy people who can't spit out "Center for Academic Program Support" every time we turn around. I spent many a semester tutoring writing and political science and history there, as well as doing workshops on time management (everybody now: "HAHAHAHA! Jana and time management!") and note taking and stuff. My Life Guru, whom I prod for advice over breakfast pastries, was kind enough to employ me there for 3 years so I didn't leave college totally broke (thanks, Karen).

Anyway, I met one of my best buds at CAPS one summer. Mary is a fine connoisseur of pumpkin baked goods, a wickedly good writer, and keeps me posted on all the CAPS goings on whilst I am away. Sh emailed me the other day with this website and asked if it was ok to post it for the world to see. Crazy.

Mary spears a muffin.

See, when we worked at CAPS in the summer, Mary and I had some downtime because there's just less going on at a university in the summer. So we had good times and I got to know and love CAPS quite a bit...and what does Jana do when she loves something? She writes a song about it. (Currently forthcoming: musical tributes to Oatmeal, Bruce Springsteen, and Ziplock bags). Thus, I give you...


It was recorded in one take and mayhaps even written in about 15 minutes. :) But it was written with love. Here's to you, my CAPS peeps! Keep workshoppin' the masses, we all need it.

Labels: , , ,