i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Friday, October 5, 2007

The Last 8 States


A little geographical diversion before I head out the door for Port Aransas...

I don't usually pay attention but every so often I like to check my Analytics and see who is visiting my website. So much interesting stuff to look at in pie chart form and bar graph form and...pie bar form. Mmm, pie (a quick Googling has showed me that...I don't think anyone's opened a "pie bar" yet...meaning apple pie or rhubarb pie or whatnot. Someone should do that, preferably close to where I live. Thanks).

So I'm noting that there have been visits from 42 states in this nation of ours plus the District of Columbia (hey, props to DC. I'm all for your Congressional voting rights!). That means 8 of you have yet to represent. Hm.

In an effort to form a most perfect union, I'm calling you out, Last Eight! I want an entirely green map here, friends. None of this yellow state business (thankfully, there are no red state/blue state distinctions in Google Analytics) should be on this visitor map.

Roll Call of the Last Eight:

Nevada
Wyoming
Mississippi
West Virginia
Delaware
Vermont
New Hampshire
Alaska

Look at those glaringly empty spots on that map. It makes a girl weep.

So what can YOU do, since you are clearly already reading this blog and are in one of the "Nifty Fifty Minus Eight States + 1 District"? Pass it along. Maybe you know someone in one of the Last Eight, but even if you don't...I bet you are one person removed from a Last Eight Resider. We're all connected like that.

Light up my map, folks...make The Last Eight into The Great Eight. I'll keep you posted on its green-ness!

Labels: , ,