i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Thursday, February 14, 2008

7 Weird Things About Me

I read...a LOT of blogs, kids. I RSS like a 6-year-old on pop rocks and Dr. Pepper. While scrolling today, up popped a post called "Seven Weird Things About James" from Men With Pens. I don't know James, but I certainly wanted to know how weird he was. He plays Mozart and knits. I don't think that's weird, I think that's well-rounded. Mine:

1. I never take the top of the stack of anything. If I grab a newspaper, a piece of paper at the office, or a coffee cup lid at a convenience store, you have better believe I am taking one from the middle. I don't want a lid someone else has touched, and I want my paper to be unread until I get to it.

2. I eat cereal for breakfast and cereal for dinner. A lot. Vanilla Silk soymilk and Kashi cereal are like...a bowlful of joy. I could probably eat it for lunch but I'm not into using a communal fridge. Also I would need more protein, haha.

3. I have a specific notebook for songwriting, and when it runs out I go to however many stores and browse however many aisles necessary to find the next songwriting book. Blank cover. No lines. Spiral bound. Hardcover. Thick pages for inky scratching. Barnes & Noble offered up the last couple. I'll probably need a new one by summer. They last about 1.5 years each. I am on number 4.

4. If my toes are cold, they will not warm up on their own accord. If I go to bed with cold toes I will not sleep. I will need to physically put something on them or soak them in hot water to get them to warm up. My college roommate got me a bag of rice that could be heated in the microwave and stuck under the covers. I loved that thing. It got to smelling funky after a while so I retired it. Then I had to move to Austin where it's always warm and I don't get cold toes.

5. I am learning to do it out of necessity, but I hate putting "stuff" on my skin. Lotion and chapstick are huge no-no's in my book. Gross. I like the smell of frou-frou lotion, but the sensation of oily stuff all over my skin is unpleasant.

6. I started learning guitar on a nylon-string (classical) guitar, and I learned a bunch of instrumental pieces in high school. Sometimes remembering the melody line and rhythm is easier when you have something to sing in your head...so one of my favorite pieces had me singing "I have a little kitty...he is so pretty," EVERY TIME I started that song. To this day I know how that song goes, except I haven't played it in 10 years.

7. I have a decorative plate of all the faces of the Presidents on it with Richard Nixon in the middle...because he was President at the time...BECAUSE THE PLATE IS THAT OLD. It was my Grandma's. She had an collection of plates hanging on her dining room wall, all of them pretty and flowery and shiny and whatnot...and then there was the Presidential plate. I, as her History major grandkid, had to have the Presidents. I think it's dang cool.

Labels: ,