i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Milk and Cereal

This morning I realized I am almost out of Cheerios, after I had just bought a couple of cartons of soy milk (which is really soy juice but whatever). So within the next day or so it's off to the store (again) to get more cereal. Inevitably, because I don't care to gauge how many cups of cereal line up with the amount of milk I have...I will have to go to the store and buy more milk because I have extra cereal on hand.

This got me to thinking about those two industries and their co-dependence. I don't know for sure, but you'd think that the cereal industry would invest mightily in the milk industry and vice versa. Different products entirely, but most people these days don't consume one without the other. The health of the milk industry is forever intertwined with the health of the cereal makers, and since we don't buy them in equitable amounts, the endless cycle of "out of milk need cereal / out of cereal need milk" continues.

What is the milk to the music business' cereal? What do musicians invest in to ensure a forever?

Or maybe music is one of those rare cereals that just tastes good on its own. Thoughts?

Labels: ,