i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Saturday, May 17, 2008

Little bumps in the road.

This week can probably be over now. Aside from moving, which went well but is stressful for anyone just because of all the little stuff that has to get handled...a family member was very sick so I was dealing with that and today...my crowning achievement...I scraped another car pulling into a parking space. Some guy's nice white truck now has a scrape on the front bumper thanks to me. No dent, and not a huge scrape, so it could have been worse. My car made out pretty well so I'm not worried about that. I hope my insurance doesn't go up. Blah.

I choose to share this because after a rather necessary freak out considering my stress level this week, I am now enjoying a spring-like evening on the patio of my favorite coffeehouse. There are bigger fish to fry in the world besides scrapes on bumpers, and I figure after putting 48,000 miles on my car so far...if this is the first "casualty," I'm doing ok.

I had this weird sequence of seemingly "bad" events during a particular stressful time in college, too. Drama begats drama, making our brains more stressed and opening us up for more haphazard mistakes and mishaps.

I guess my point is to make sure you check in, breathe deep, check the long range picture, and don't let the drama win.

Labels: