i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tour Recap

Sloooow! I am slow! The thing about this tour, being our second to Montana in 3 months, is that while it was fun and the scenery was gorgeous, it was kind of the same thing as last time except I was not hunting for ceramic pigs. So there's that.

We did get to detour through Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park this time, which was amazing even if it was raining when we got to Old Faithful. It started downpouring and while I like me a geyser, I like being dry. So we saw the geyser but not geysering. Still super cool. Still took a geeky photo in front of it.

Me and a Big Geyser

This is Yukon the cat who lives at The It Club in Butte, MT. He owned the place, and sat on the merchandise bag some of the night. We were best friends by the time the gig was over. I almost snuck him in the trailer.

Yukon the Stage Cat

In Saratoga, WY, Susan stopped by Big Brothers, Big Sisters to talk to the kids about songwriting. She's a natural teacher along with her natural entertaining, so I think everyone had a great time!

Susan the Professor

In Taos at Michael Hearne's Big Barndance Festival, Susan and Don Richmond ripped it up on stage.

Susan Gibson and Don Richmond in Taos

My buddy Dave was there as the official photographer, so I figured I'd paparazzi him. Sorry, Dave, your fans demanded it!

Dave the Photo Man

And then there was the Amarillo show with Gary Wayne! He was a member of the Groobees with Susan, and he is one of my favorite guitarists ever ever ever. Also he's hysterical. And a nice guy.

Gary Wayne and Susan Gibson

On the trip home we had 5 gigs in 5 days, and I preferred it that way. I was pretty proud of my booking that leap frogged us from northern Wyoming to Luckenbach, TX in 5 days without any horrific drives. Each day was about 5-6 hours long for driving, which is doable when you have energy drinks in bulk. Yes, it was good.

Labels: , ,