i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Friday, May 25, 2007

Yes, the "h" is silent.

We are not pirates. No "arrrrrrr!"

I have a weird last name. Actually, it's just Czech. Czech as in...how everyone says "cheCK" with no issue. Because of its heritage, the rule about the hard "ch" sound applies to the pronunciation. The "h" is silent...it's like Po-cop.

But it is still an unusual last name, and sometimes things get confused and sometimes an extra, oh..."R" gets thrown in. As I was told, "It's doubly hard to throw in an extra R when there's no R to begin with, Jana." Point. I digress.

J had to run reconnaissance on the rogue R on Tuesday night, and oh he did document it well. He also does a fabulous job of making sure my name is spelled right, because at gigs and such, I'm lucky if I can handle details like remembering my guitar. It's nice to have J around to handle last minute name-spelling details.

Labels: , ,