i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Tuesday, October 16, 2007

175th.

This is my 175th blog post. I started in January. I thought that was interesting.

Dallas was very fun. I got to hang with my buddy Katie who knows the city like I know the caffeine aisle at the grocery store (they have those, I promise). We also basically held out for stoppage on the way home until West, TX where The Czech Stop lives. I encountered it first in May when I was driving back to Austin from Albuquerque/Amarillo in some bizarre 15 hour mararthon. I was tired; it was 3 AM. Then there was a sign advertising my people. My Bohemian roots on a billboard. So I pulled over and had the best poppyseed kolache ever. I hated them as a kid when my mom made them because kids don't eat little black pieces of opium. Now I embrace them.


YES I just said I embrace little black pieces of opium.

Oh so anyway, um. I'm kinda tired and over-exerted but that means there's some breakthrough to be had shortly. I tell myself that. I'm around Austin for a couple of weeks and then it's off to Houston and Albuquerque for some shows. Very excited for a New Mexico autumn.

I'm learning chord theory in a way that is finally making sense. Hallelujah.

After that little stint in ABQ and my Birthday Show at the Irie Bean (November 15th, y'all should come)...it's REST time. Meaning, I'll stay home more and record and write and learn. I am looking forward to this a lot.

A big Happy Birthday to my big sister Tracy! :) The card's in the mail. Well it will be. Maybe with your Christmas present.

Right now I am mesmerized by this Feist video. It makes me happy! I was introduced to it by Heather and her fab Lyrical Venus blog. Check it out. Enjoy Feist whilst I enjoy the quiet misty Austin evening.

Labels: , ,