i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ruminations from a 25-year-old.


Well, I’m happy. I act like 25 is scary but whatever. I don’t feel old but I feel less young. That’s not a bad thing. Things I know:

- If you would have told me as a 12 or 17 or 20-year-old where I’d be, what I’d be doing, and the circles I have the privilege of being in now, I wouldn’t have believed it. And I would have secretly hoped it would be true anyway.

- Stuff doesn’t freak me out much anymore. I spent a good deal of my life tied up in knots. It’s not worth it. People are people, stuff happens, you make your own way.

- Wanting to impact the world in a positive way is not a naive, vague, youngish statement to make. Being optimistic is the new black...everyone’s doing it.

- Wanting to be an artist/writer/musician is something that has been programmed into me, and I can trace it all the way back to conducting symphonies on the couch with a chop stick as a baton.

- Yay chop sticks!

As a 25-year-old, I plan to:

- Make my first fully produced EP.

- Get paperwork and legalities in line to officially form my business with Josh. Our record label will be handling its first release this year!

- Be working full time in music, however that may be cobbled together.

- Sit back and appreciate everything thus far and look forward to what is coming. In-the-moment checks are essential things.

So, to check in with THIS moment...if you made it this far...thanks for reading the commentary on all these little bits of life. It means a lot.

Now I’m going to bed. Party at the Irie Bean tomorrow night! Come on over.

Labels: ,