i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Sunday, May 18, 2008

Moving Tracks o' the Week

Last Saturday afternoon I was busy making a couple of mix CDs for packing, to get my box mojo going. Some people might view this as counterproductive, but who wants to pack in silence? I dug around on my hard drive with all my mp3s from college, and mixed a few new things. A partial list of the singles of the week, all recommended if you need new tunes.

- The Weepies - Antarctica. Off their new CD Hideaway...I don't know what it's about but who else has a song with the hook, "Antarctica - my only living relative"? Who? (Bonus: it's streaming down at the bottom of the page on their player! Sweet!)

- John Mayer - Clarity. Everyone cringes a little when they admit they like Mayer, then they move on with their lives and enjoy.

- Jail Burned Down - The Great Divide. For the gospel portion/"hail Mary I found a box that fits" moments.

- American Baby - Dave Matthews. This track is just hip. If I produced a record I'd want to have something on it sound like this.

- Lights of Santa Fe - Eliza Gilkyson. One of the few New Mexico songs I've heard that references specific things but doesn't sound too..."local" if that makes sense.

- Right Hand Man - Joan Osborne. Rock. And. Roll.

- Fifth of July - Eddie From Ohio. I have a gig on July 5th. :)

Labels: