i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Sunday, June 3, 2007

Oh NOW You Tell Me

Waxing poetic to J on the road to Dallas, probably about how AC is money-sucking.

One thing about Austin...it gets hot. As in...HOTT. As in you walk outside at midnight and it's 85 degrees out and you want a shower. And this is just June.

I moved here in summertime and a couple of things dictated my lifestyle a year ago:

1. No job = poor
2. The commonly passed around wisdom that not using AC saves gas.

I am frugal, and I am stubborn. If you know nothing else about me, know those 2 things. (Oh, and I make good scones but that's not really topic-relevant, is it?) So I drove around Austin last summer with a lot less AC use than I wanted. Rolled down windows can only do so much when your car is about 189 degrees and the outside air is 114...but I was not filling up my tank more than I had to, dangit. Dollahs in the bank were worth more than hydration in the pores...or something.

So now? NOW THEY TELL ME. Thank you, CNN-Money, for your year-late article:

4 Gas-saving Myths

Myths? Whatever could they mean? Oh...they mean that if I am driving on the highway (which is all I do around here, usually)...I CAN USE THE AC. Thanks for the memo. One year late.

At least it's only June and I just read this and I have a good 6 months to roll up the windows and crank the freon. Hallelujah!

Happy Summer, all...

Labels: ,