i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Friday, August 31, 2007

My Credo

Alan Paine Radebaugh is friend of mine who happens to be a kickbutt artist and good at just about anything he touches, so he makes jewelry and composes music when he's not like...painting fantastic things. Check out his website, you'll see.

Anyway, I got my hot little hands on a copy of Alan's latest musical composition (probably because I'm special), and he begins with a Credo -- a short and sweet statement of what he believes in. It's beautiful.

I wrote to tell him so, and that I thought it would be a good idea for every artist to begin their albums with their current life's Credo. And since it is 2 AM, I added in what my current Credo would be:
I will not get tired of rice and beans
Ever
Well maybe I will
But that's ok, I need to buy gear.

Right. Not going on the new album. But I do have a real song I have been working on lately that I think might be my Credo. It goes like this:

Put a new star on the flag
For this brand new state I'm in
It came in messy like a flood
It's going down sweet like cinnamon

And from here on out, this is how I am

I am constantly in free fall
Thanks to gravity and tides and words
And the only one that gives me any weight at all
Are the words

And from here on out, this is how I am

It's not done, but I hope it will be some day.

What's your Credo?

Labels: , ,