i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Missing R...

Terri Hendrix told a funny story at her gig at the Nutty Brown on Friday night...back in the day when she had her first "marquee" gig -- with her name out front on the marquee of the venue -- she wanted her photo taken with the sign. (We all do, it's a rite of passage). So Terri is all set to go and her friend has the camera and the friend won't take the photo and Terri is wondering why...and the friend points to the sign that says:

TONIGHT: TEPPI HENDPIX

Apparently, they ran out of R's. I mean, really, what's one extra line between friends, right? Phode Island, Pock 'n Poll, Pod Stewapt...all perfectly acceptable alternatives. (Actually, that spelling is making me flashback to The Birds and Tippi Hedren, but I'm a Hitchcock nerd...I digress).

Well, Terri...I have your extra R. You can have it back, too.

There's No "R" In Pochop :)


When I played in Santa Fe in May, we rolled up to the venue, and I was about to have my magical marquee moment...and then it all fell apart as well.

JANA PROCHOP

Yes, I'd like to think my guitar chops are pro. But it's not my name. So J took the SUV over to the sign, stood on the roof, and removed the offending R.

After the R was taken out...

All better.

Really, Terri...I'll mail it to you. It's not a problem. :)

Labels: , ,