i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dues Paying

Top o' the Sunday mornin' to ya...

Interesting bunch of gigs lately. All very fun, though some situations you walk into and wonder about. :) I played at the Maker Faire at the Travis County Expo Center last weekend, in conjunction with the Artist Market. There were all kinds of people walking around wearing Microsoft and Apple shirts, and one dude had on a Firefox baseball cap. I didn't know Firefox, the internet browser, made street wear.

So anyway...The Artist Market was set up...in the livestock barn. After I trekked around the complex looking for my gate to get in (because I needed to get my vendor pass but apparently needed a pass to get to the place to get my pass?), I set up shop in the barn. They had cleaned it out nicely. I think there was one rogue pile of cow poo that maybe I stepped in. Made some tip money. When I got home and pulled out my guitar, it was coated in a thick layer of livestock dust. Mmm! I just felt bad for all the artists, like the jewelers and the sewing people, who were probably vaccuuming their wares when they got home. I just had to do a quick polish.

I was feeling sickly with a cold/allergies all week but was booked to play lead guitar for my buddy Amanda at her gig out next to Town Lake on Friday night. These gigs are fun so I wasn't going to miss out. I made it through a couple hours, but by 10:30 or so the temperature dropped and I was a-shivering through my solos. Amanda took pity and told me to go double layer my socks and sleep. :)

Yesterday was the usual Artist Market set up on 6th Street. I was minding my own business with my guitar in hand between songs, and this dude walks up and asks if I am a UT fan. Now, I thought it was odd because I was wearing all black (not burnt orange) and actually happened to be wearing my UNM LOBOS jacket. Clearly my allegiances lie elsewhere. Then the very nice man told me about proposing to a girl on the Tram in Albuquerque, and he bought a CD, and said he'd be right back because he left his car unlocked.

Ok? So he comes back...with a pamphlet...about being saved. Ah HA!

One of my market buddies tells me, "You kind of attract that sort of stuff, Jana."

All in a day's work. ;)

Labels: ,