i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Sunday, September 23, 2007

Jana's Writer's Room

Ok, it's a corner. A Writer's Corner in a room because I only have one room, dangit. Inspired by the Guardian UK's photo-essay on famous authors and their rooms of choice, here we go. A short tour, if I may. Excuse the dust.

An ubiquitous guitar case on the floor for easy access. I picked up the chair at a thrift store for 6 bucks. It swivels and it has no arms, good for proper guitar holding. The desk on the right is also a thrift store purchase. I hauled it up 2 flights of stairs myself until a nice neighbor saw me and helped with the last flight. Phew. That's for the pure writing end of things. Pen, paper, guitar. The other desk is for recording things on the laptop.

Photos! Everywhere! People I like, musicians I've met, an MCC autograph.

Two maps (one US and one World) to remind me of the places I get to see.

A couple of my own gig posters (embarrassed!) that were really awesome gigs and make me happy to remember them.

The bookcase holds a bunch of poetry (Whitman, Eliot, Sandberg, Dickinson, Rilke, Moore, and Parker to name a few) and a bunch of modern American history (Vietnam, environmental rights movement, women's lib, civil rights, the counterculture). There's a little Civil War and some 18th century America tucked away in there, too.

Then up above is the CD collection. I really need to get a giant iPod and rip all of that, because you just can't tour with a bookcase.

Labels: ,