i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy Birthday, Kate!

Seems to be a lot of us crazy Scorpios around these days. I'm playing a gig in Austin tonight, but my good friend Kate Hearne is celebrating her birthday up in Winnsboro, TX and I'm definitely there in spirit.

One of the coolest parts of the Life's A Song workshop in October was meeting a bunch of people who I immediately connected with. Kate was one of them...when I heard her play a song around the campfire (the prevelance of campfires in my life is interesting) the first night of the workshop I was blown away. We jammed a little bit that night and workshopped together all the next day and stayed up until 4 AM writing a tune the next night.

Kate is a young one! She's turning 18 (if her bio isn't lying, haha), and she is one of the most accomplished guitarists I have had the privilege of playing with.

Here's Kate playing her song "Shine" at Life's A Song with none other than Lloyd Maines...



Happy birthday, Kate! Here's to many more songs and adventures. :)

Kate's Myspace

Labels: , ,