i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Things to Chew On


Yes, that's me as a wee one. Thank goodness my hair grew in. I was bald for a long time as a small child. It added to my cuteness...or something.

It's been a bit since my last blog! I spent Monday organizing my living space. Well, I started to, and I got a lot done, but my living space requires 2 days of organization, I think. Hence my CDs are still piled in stacks that mean nothing. They were in a meaningful order at some point...like maybe my sophomore year of college. There were the Texas artists and the Boston artists and the Nashville artists and the lame pop CDs I won't admit to owning and the Mary Chapin shelf (yes, I have a whole shelf of Chapin). Then I moved a few more times and bought a lot more CDs and...they're in piles.

My favorite quote from the movie High Fidelity is this one:

Dick: I guess it looks as if you're reorganizing your records. What is this though? Chronological?

Rob: No...

Dick: Not alphabetical...

Rob: Nope...

Dick: What?

Rob: Autobiographical.

Dick: No way.

For about a week I thought that every album I ever buy from here on out should just be downloaded, so that when I move I won't have to deal with cases and scratched discs. Except I LOVE a shelf full of musical possibilities in various colors and fonts in front of me. The aural library, as it were. You don't get that happy vibe clicking file names in iTunes.

So this week, new to the collection..."Raising Sand" by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant and "Mothership" - the new Zeppelin compilation. If those guys do decide to tour again, I am so dropping a chunk of change for that show. Totally worth it.

In the meantime...back to chewing on my mad organization skillz.

Labels: ,