i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Monday, December 3, 2007

Rock the Tomato. I'm almost on "break."

What's that? That's...actual...PRACTICING? Oh my. I amped it up and put the fingers on "red alert" for Red Leaf Rocks this week...which occurs on Thursday night at the Rockin' Tomato here in South Austin. Twice a year Red Leaf School of Music showcases the students that study there. I study there. I will be playing a solo song, and...

I'll also be playing with my good buddy Emily, who is the other half of our women's songwriter group. (Dan's an honorary member, but his voice doesn't go high enough for him to be fully inducted). We've been working on "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman and "Diamond in the Rough" by Shawn Colvin...I love both of those tunes so it's been a pleasant few months. Check out this video of Shawn...we've been using it as our guide. Someone filmed this sucker in 1988, and I bet no one ever DREAMED that 20 (twenty! two-oh!) years later, it would be streaming on The Interwebs.


I must say there is much afoot (afeet?) in Jana Land...I will post about it in bits to draw it out and keep you in agonizing suspense. Or perhaps you're just eating oatmeal in front of your computer, about to click over to CNN.com. Whatever floats your boat.

I will say...Red Leaf Rocks is my last show of the year and I will now concentrate even more on Folk Music Grad Skoo' and MAKIN' A RECORD. Sweet. Carry on, and get thee to the Rockin' Tomato on Thursday! 7:05 PM!

Labels: , , ,