i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pre-Order For & Against (Please)





It's that time! I spent last week finalizing artwork (with the help of the fabulous Emily), and I mailed off my master to Oasis Disc yesterday evening. It's all out of my hands for about 2.5 weeks until it's back in my hands...like a ton of copies worth. My hands won't hold them all. Which is why I am asking you to pre-order your copy (or one for you and one for your best friend).

Seems like the pre-order thing is popular these days, and I'll tell you why. It's because being an independent musician is popular. We all get to do our own thing, and it's awesome. So what difference does it make if you get one now or get one in 5 months?

Well, firstly -- I want you to hear it NOW! I'm so proud of this record. We had so much fun making it, and it sounds really, really good. I'm not going to pull out my usual false modesty here. For & Against is great. It's the best thing I have ever sung on, played on, or written. Some of my favorite people ever are on it. How's that?

Secondly...hell. I started this long paragraph about how it costs money for independent artists to produce these things (no lie) and we front it out of our pocket (no lie)...but it got preachy and I've read one too many preachy pre-order emails for me to want to make one.

So I'll just say it: if you're here, you have an interest in me as a person or as a songwriter or as a musician or as a tour monkey for people you like. Thank you. If you wanna support and get some music, I'm thrilled! No infomercial needed.

Pre-Order For & Against here.

Labels: ,