i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fat Tire for a Flat Tire

On Saturday morning my neighbor Jim knocked on my window and said, "I just wanted to let you know...you should fix your flat tire before you go anywhere." In my morning haze it took me a while to realize that what he meant was...I should FIX my FLAT TIRE before I tried to GO ANYWHERE. Sigh.

So Jim is a great neighbor. He gave me his can of Fix-A-Flat and we inflated that sucker, and then I drove all the way to Dripping Springs (because you're supposed to drive on the tire so...the...stuff...does its thing or something scientific like that) and back, which is pretty much the farthest I have ever driven to buy a Sunkist soda. It was worth it, though. Dripping Springs gas stations make the best Sunkist.

After my Artist Market gig I took my Fix-A-Flatted self over to Discount Tire and they said it was a tiny screw and fixed it for freeeeee. I like that a lot.

Next time I drive through a screw field, I'll be a little more careful.

So anyway at my gig at Waterloo Icehouse last night, Jim came and I was able to repay his kindness with a beer, a Fat Tire...for the Flat Tire. We're clever. Jim is the same guy who threw his remote control at a wasp nest that was growing bigger by the day on my porch...and then kicked it off the balcony. He got stung, and lost his batteries. But there are no more wasps and my tire is inflated. He's pretty much the best neighbor ever.

Lesson? Get thee a can or 4 of Fix-A-Flat! (Or 18 cans if you drive a semi. Natch).

Labels: ,