i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Year Begins to End

That's it. That's all I have. Well, not all of it. But in the effort of not spoiling any possible surprises...this little graphic here is all I can post in terms of what my inspiration is for the blog redesign. This little bugger might not even exist by the time I'm done, but it's green and I like it.

J and I decided that part of our "End O' the Year" wrapping up (our year ends in November because we figure cranking it out like mad people for 11 months calls for one off) will involve a fresh look here at jpo.com. Yes, we are already thinking about the end of the year, just like you are probably freaking out at the Halloween stuff in the stores already. I know I am.

That's actually one of our built-in mantras for Sol Bourn (our record label and overall company name)...mental rests are essential for what we do. `It's not to say I won't gig in December. I mean, if Queen Elizabeth wants me to play a folkified version of Ave Maria at the palace Christmas party, who am I to say no? (Just call me, E. We'll work it out). But I digress...

J and I started something last November that will officially become a Tradition this November...because we're doing it again! Do anything twice and it's an instant tradition, I say. On November 11, 2006 the Annual JP Project debuted at a house concert in Albuquerque with special guest Matt Jones, a mightily talented Burquean. It was an evening to give thanks to all the people who trekked to so many coffeehouse shows, who threw dollars and change in the tip jar, bought the CDs, who were supportive of this endeavor whether they met me when I was 12 or 22 (or perhaps raised me...my parents were there, too!). I had been living in Austin for 6 months, so it was a good time to return to the roost and say hello.


This year the 2nd Annual JP Project is greenlighted. The details are coming, ABQ peoples...no worries. The Special Guest is rarin' and set to go, and this time it's a Texan. The hors d'oeuvres...well, we haven't made them yet because it's still 2 months away and that would be gross.

I'm ready. Now if I could just get my little green graphic to sprout wondrous blog inspiration, we'd be set!

Labels: , , , , ,