i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Saturday, November 17, 2007

Proud.

I just saw an amazing show at the Cactus Cafe tonight with the Terri Hendrix Band. Paul Pearcy opened the show, and he's Terri's longtime drummer/percussionist who happens to write great songs and play guitar, too. Glen Fukunaga, the ever-steady bassist, was in fine form. Lloyd was kicking arse on guitar/mandolin/papoose/dobro...and Terri. Oh, Terri. She picks a mean guitar, plays a great harp, and seriously hit some notes I did not think possible from a human. It was glorious. The best thing is that Terri writes these songs that are positive.

I know.

I listen to a LOT of sad folk because I LOVE it and I write it, too...but Terri takes you to church and makes you want to sing along and hug the people next to you and go out into the world and conquer it. Not in a trite or sappy way...in an empowering "yes, this is the way it's supposed to be and this is music's place in the world" sort of way. Makes me proud and honored to be a musician. Makes me want to put that sort of thing out into the world. There's a lesson in that.

I love learning lessons on Saturday nights.

Labels: , , ,