i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Monday, March 31, 2008

Two Years :: Part 1/5

"Who doesn't know what I'm talking about? Who's never left home, who's never struck out to find a dream and a life of their own? A place in the clouds, a foundation of stone?"
- Wide Open Spaces (Susan Gibson)


I moved to Austin in May of 2006, just about 2 years ago. I had graduated the previous December, moved back to my parents’ house, and taken a month-long road trip to Seattle and back in a 2-door Hyundai. After another month of unsuccessful internet job hunting, my buddy Beth and I drove to Austin for 3 days. I found an apartment in 1.5 days of looking. I packed up all my stuff and Mom and Dad helped me bring it all down on Memorial Day weekend. I still had no job and knew no one. I settled in a studio apartment and spent the 100 degree days mooching wireless internet from a neighbor looking for jobs online. I hit the open mics by night, meeting some good people. I was rather impressed with all the music around me.

I listened to this song all the time around then. I'm listening to it again a LOT recently. It makes me smile.

Labels: ,