i am sitting on the starboard
of your only way
back home




Jana%20Pochop
Quantcast



follow janapochop at http://twitter.com


follow supermerchgirl at http://twitter.com

www.flickr.com








Subscribe in a reader

Jana Pochop
Jana Pochop
Promote Your Page Too

Join My Community at MyBloglog!
StumbleUpon
Add to Technorati Favorites
podsafe music network


Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Two Years :: Part 2/5

"She needs wide open spaces; room to make her big mistakes."
- Wide Open Spaces (Susan Gibson)


Fall of 2006. I was working part time for a nice pediatrician who offered me some income while I job hunted. Filed lots of charts. I turned down a job offer as a tour guide at the State Capitol and refused a second interview at Starbucks. I picked cucumbers on an organic farm for exactly 7 hours one day and was sore for exactly 6 days afterward. I needed something with predictable hours so I could gig at night.

I was finally offered an admin job with the county 4-H office, a full 4 months after moving to town. I knew nothing about 4-H. Settled into a 7:30 AM start time. Much indecision and confusion. Nice people at the 4-H office, though.

In the meantime, Josh and I officially agreed that we should operate as a business partnership and work toward our goal of owning a label and being musical entrepreneurs. It’s nice to have someone in the trenches with you.

Labels: , ,